Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Twelve Days of Hearts, Flowers and Friendship: Day 3

Welcome to our tribute to Valentine's Day quilts ! With its emphasis on love, kindness and caring for others, Valentine's Day is one of our favorite celebrations. We're calling it "Twelve Days of Hearts, Flowers, and Friendship."  Let's continue with Day 3 :

I Carry Your Heart by Sherri Ashford, quilted by Ruby Worrell


When we saw this quilt at the Quilt Arizona!  show, we were very moved by the message on the card. Sherri writes, "This quilt was made and designed for my daughter during her bout with cervical cancer. I used the freedom of the naked girl with our poem, 'I carry your heart'. It depicts her freedom, and that I am always with her." 

Closeup, I Carry Your Heart


Sherri's work was quilted by Ruby Worrell on a track mounted machine. In this closeup, you can see some of the valentine hearts that were quilted into the background. With the abstract shapes of the heart and the surrounding flowers, this quilt has a whimsical, carefree look, but the theme of Sherri's work is deeply meaningful and most touching. 

Image credits: Photos were taken by Quilt Inspiration.
Image credits: Photos were taken by Quilt Inspiration.

3 comments:

  1. I love heart patterns so these days will be a great party.Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these heart quilts. I really love when there is a story to go with a quilt. This is a special quilt with an even more special love story.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete

We love reading each and every comment... thanks for visiting our blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails